Anyone who lives, works or studies in Essex can join Colchester Public Library. They have a number of useful electronic resources that you can consult from wherever you connect to the internet. All you will need is your Essex Libraries membership (ELAN) ticket.
Useful resources include:
- Heinemann World Book | Encyclopedia Britannica Library Edition
- Credo Reference | Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Dictionary of National Biography | Who's Who and Who was Who
- Guardian and Observer archive - 1791 to 2003 | Times Digital Archive | Newsbank
- Oxford Language Dictionaries | Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford Art Online | Oxford Music Online | Oxford Reference Collection
- World Data Analyst
- Kompass Worldwide Business Directories | COBRA - Complete Business Reference Advisor
- Infotrac Newspapers Online | Infotrac Magazines Online
This service is provided by Essex County Council not The University of Essex, we are including this resource on this page to draw attention to other services in the area which may be useful to you for your
study and research.
Encyclopedia Britannica (see Colchester Public Library above)
Oxford Research Encyclopedias